Associate Producer – Century Entertainment
Century Entertainment Australia produces numerous events and tours each year with a particular focus on comedy festivals and events and is the producing company for the Sydney & Perth Comedy Festivals, Sydney Guitar Festival, Sydney Comedy Store & the Century Venues Group, which includes an iconic suite of venues including the Enmore Theatre, Metro Theatre & Factory Theatre.
As an integral member of the Century Entertainment team, the Associate Producer will contribute to the planning and execution of multiple events throughout the year including, but not limited to; special events for the Sydney and Perth Comedy Festivals, solo and ensemble artist shows at comedy festivals across the country plus various national tours & one-off shows
The Associate Producer will be working within a team of producers and be required to work across any of the following key areas:
Establishment of Event:
- Establish and manage event budgets.
- Communicate with venues, agents & artists.
- Establish & monitor event ticketing.
- Book and manage transport and accommodation.
- Lodge and manage visa applications – where required.
- Confirm and manage technical requirements with venues and suppliers.
Marketing & Monitoring of Event:
- Establish and manage a marketing budget and plan.
- Plan, brief, produce, execute and monitor event marketing and publicity.
Delivery of Event:
- Produce and distribute worksheet and itineraries.
- Ensure the event is a success and goes ahead as planned.
- Be at the event when required
Settlement of Event:
- Audit and lodge all income and expenditure.
- Create and send event settlements.
The work of the Associate Producer for Century Entertainment is varied, challenging and hands-on, but ultimately exciting and rewarding.
Experience across the following areas is essential:
- At least 2 years working in live events or similar role
- A knowledge & understanding of ticketing
- Experience in event marketing, including sound knowledge of online and social marketing
- Knowledge of live events (particularly comedy)
- A strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- The ability to follow processes, multi-task and manage large volumes of work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy
In order to be eligible for consideration you must send all of the following to [email protected] by 5pm, Monday 7th January with the subject line: Century Entertainment Associate Producer
1. A cover letter referring to the position descriptions
2. CV or resume
3. An electronic photo of yourself
Back of House, Lighting & Audio Technicians
Back of House & Technical Staff
Century Venues Group operate the iconic Enmore, Metro, Factory Theatres, The University of Sydney Manning Bar, Sydney Comedy Store, Sydney Comedy Festival and The Concourse Chatswood Performing Arts Centre are seeking Back of House professionals for their venue group in Sydney.
Our Back of House Staff are the venues first point of contact for touring parties and hirers and need to have impeccable customer service and hospitality skills. The successful candidate will have a “can do” attitude and be responsible for overseeing all technical applications and Back of House requirements on a show by show basis for the venue.
The ideal candidate for Back of House Management will have a minimum 3 years in the live event industry, a sound understanding of key elements of live production such as Audio, Lighting, Stage management and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our Group is also seeking competent Lighting, Audio and All-rounder Operators at all levels of experience to join our team to work across the venues various venues
All roles involve equipment and logistics management, operational duties between the various production departments, liaison between the touring promoter and the venue, providing a safe and clean workplace and ensuring delivery of a successful event for both the client and the venue.
Interested applicant please send your CV including references and a photo image of yourself to [email protected]
Venue Operations Manager
Century Venues are seeking applications for the position of Venue Manager to work across iconic The Enmore, Metro & Factory Theatres as well as The Sydney Comedy Store.
The successful applicant would be reporting to the groups Operations Manager and responsible for all areas of the venues operations at one of the venues during and prior to events.
Key priorities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Effective and efficient delivery of event plans in accordance with Century Venues procedures including;
- Box office operations, bar management, cash handling, client hospitality, crowd control, venue setups & turnarounds, cross event marketing, event staff & security briefings
- Representing the Group through liaison with Tour Managers, Promoters, Artists and our Clients at events
- Recruiting, Training, Grading and Managing all associated event staff including; Food and Beverage Staff, Ushers, Box Office, Back of House, Venue Technicians and Security suppliers
- Researching and resourcing events effectively and efficiently in conjunction with Event Managers and Senior Management
- Conducting and supervising regular venue maintenance, upkeep and presentation of the venue
- RSA Management, Cash Handling, Stock Control & Ordering
- Maintaining a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures
- Updating, contributing and managing all compliance documentation
- Reporting; end of event, security, incidents & financial
The successful applicant will possess relevant industry experience managing live entertainment venues, managing a licensed premises with expertise and knowledge of events in live theatre, comedy and/or concert productions.
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines and being able to problem-solve quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise staff and provide a high level of customer services.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications
- Demonstrated ability running bar operations and
- A practical knowledge Liquor Licensing Laws and Workplace Health and Safety Requirements.
- Current NSW driver’s licence.
This is not a 9 to 5 position and requires the individual to work evenings and most weekends. It will require the individual to have a high degree of flexibility in their work times.
To be eligible for this position please send a cover letter, CV along with the following details included to [email protected];
- Date of Birth
- Photo ID or digital photo
- Current address
- Residential status